Monday, November 12, 2007

On My Podcast...

Check out my podcast on Capoeira (a hobby of mine). Just click on the title of this posting!

In this podcast I describe Capoeira, and then discuss the history of Capoeira and my own personal feelings about the game while, in the background, I used four separate tracks to record myself playing four different Capoeira instruments. I started playing Capoeira in college, but I only played on and off since then until about a year ago when I finally found a group I liked as much as my college group.

Basically, I learned that making podcasts is really easy and fun, but hosting them somewhere is another story. I decided to host mine myself on my UofM web space since I don't have a .mac account. I hope that's cool with Rick... I can also upload it to the class wiki if need be, but it is about 70mb.

I'm excited to try and create podcasts with my students as soon as I figure out how to make it fit into my curriculum. I'll keep thinking about it because I think my kids would like it, but I don't really know how I'd make it fit in right now.

No comments: